College football fanatics – get ready! Bowl season is here and that means week after week of fierce competition, constant banter with your buddies, and a few funny names like the Beef O’ Brady’s Bowl. Whether you watch from home or at the stadium, celebrating your team’s entrance and eventual victory are a standard part of the game. If you are looking for ways to beef up the celebration, here are a few ideas from Flutter FETTI®.
This sporty tradition goes back to… well, nobody really knows, but it’s been around a long time and it defines the rest of your game day. It’s like the appetizer before the entrée and whets your appetite for things to come. If you don’t get this right, then the rest of the day is just blah. Try a couple of these ‘beefy’ suggestions:
– Replace ordinary hot dogs with thick and spicy sausages
– Pass on the burgers and instead fire up some marinated steak
– Put down the playing cards and pick up a football; physical movement gets the blood flowing on cold winter days and offers more interesting interaction
– Trade mellow music for pump-up songs like Europe’s The Final Countdown and AC/DC’s TNT (just use respect with the volume)
– Chat up and share with your parking lot neighbors; the bigger the tailgate the better it is for team camaraderie
Once the bowl game begins, the fun really begins. The atmosphere in stadiums can be electric and more often than not you can barely hear the guy next to you, let alone your own voice. Still, there are times when you can hear the audible down below and that’s a sign you need to pick up the stadium party. Here are a few suggestions:
– Start a wave, a cheer, or a chant – if you can’t do it, no one can
– When your team scores, play up the moment by blasting off 14″ PomPom Tubes filled with Metallic Streamers throughout the crowd
– When your team doesn’t score, paint your chest or hold up a sign to show your team spirit, giving the cameras and fans something humorous to focus on
Post-Game Victory Lap
After the buzzer, the crowd goes wild. Actually, just the half that won goes wild while the rest go home. Hopefully you fall into the victorious half and you get to relive the winning moment for the rest of the night. If you’re going to celebrate, you might as well celebrate in style. Here are a few ways to boost your post-bowl victory celebration:
– Play appropriate victory songs like Queen’s We Are The Champions and Neil Diamond’s Sweet Caroline
– Shoot off 14” Flutter FETTI Confetti Sticks; you can customize the colors to match your team, plus the Flutter FETTI is biodegradable and flame retardant
– Cook off the rest of your food and share it with celebrating college students who pass by; they may even offer you their leftover beers in exchange
Watching From Home
Unfortunately not everyone is lucky enough to get a ticket to the actual game. Those of us without admission can stand in the tailgate section all day or just ride out the game from home (usually the preferred route). There are some benefits to watching from home, including the ability to never get dressed and the satisfaction that the beer stand is your fridge. The disadvantage is the lack of amazing atmosphere, so here are a few ways to make that atmosphere a bit more football-festive:
– Invite over all your friends – we mean ALL of them – even if you don’t have enough chairs; you’ll feel like you’re at the stadium with everyone standing around and cheering
– Skip the dips and fire up the grill; the smell of caramelizing meat and veggies will have mouths watering and your buddies lined up out the door
– Deck out your digs with team memorabilia and paint your face with team colors and graphics; your neighbors may find you weird, but then again they’ll never understand
Enjoy bowl season and may the best team win!
About Flutter FETTI®: Flutter FETTI is an innovator, manufacturer, and worldwide distributor of confetti and streamer products. Our mission is to bring excitement and joy into every special event in your life. Contact one of our confettiologists and we’ll make the right product recommendation to add the “WOW!” effect to your bowl event.