You’re still recovering from New Years Eve, Super Bowl Sunday and Valentine’s Day when the annual Mardi Gras celebration comes up quicker than expected. As a Mardi Gras party host, this means the pressure is on and you need to get your act together fast. It’s time to heed some advice from the experts. Here are 5 excellent last-minute tips to help you throw an astounding Mardi Gras party!
1. Don a mask – The host or hostess is usually expected to construct an elaborate Mardi Gras costume full of glitz and glamour, but when you’re in a rush a simple mask can do wonders. It props up any costume, whether half-finished or non-existent. You transform from an ordinary host or hostess to an international man of mystery or intoxicating Wonder Woman, respectively. A mask automatically puts you in the category of costumed reveler and that’s exactly where you want to be.
2. Order confetti & streamers – Forget going to the store to find last-minute decorations. The good ones are sold out or they don’t have what you want anyway. Go online and order something that takes your Mardi Gras party from ordinary to extraordinary. Flutter FETTI has the world’s most incredible confetti sticks and streamers that are engaging, colorful, and impress your guests when you need it most. Try 14” Flutter FETTI Confetti Sticks customized with green, purple and gold or 14” Mardi Gras Swishers that consist of a confetti launcher, noisemaker, and pompom stick! For a great way to welcome your guests, toss 18” Airless Launchers with Metallic Streamers and amp up the mood from the moment they arrive. The earlier you order the better and last-minute orders do not incur a fee!
3. Make easy finger foods – Mardi Gras is associated with hearty, wholesome, and homey New Orleans cuisine. Creations such as gumbo and jambalaya often come to mind. But if you’re rushed for time, replace those tantalizing Southern classics with easy Southern ones. Whip up or order Cajun fried chicken, shrimp po’boys, and fried green tomatoes. These comfort foods still resonate with Mardi Gras and are easy to eat at any party.
4. Create one big punch – While Southern cocktails like Mint Julep and the Hurricane are classic Mardi Gras drinks, acquiring all the ingredients can be an arduous journey. When you’re running late, throw together a big spiked fruit punch bowl that can satisfy every palate and create a more communal atmosphere. It’s as colorful as any other Mardi Gras cocktail and no one will think that you didn’t have time to think of something better!
5. Host best costume contest – This last-minute tip is particularly useful if all you wear is a mask because you can exclude yourself as the host. A ‘best costume contest’ stirs excitement amongst all your guests and involves little to no effort. The only thing you need is a prize and that can be anything you want, even something you already have lying around the house!
About Flutter FETTI®: Flutter FETTI is an innovator, manufacturer, and worldwide distributor of confetti and streamer products. Our mission is to bring excitement and joy into every special event in your life. Contact one of our confettiologists and we’ll make the right product recommendation to add the “WOW!” effect to your Mardi Gras celebration.